Clinical Research for Nurses and Health Professionals Workshop
On 22 October 2009 the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, in collaboration with the Psycho-Oncology Cooperative Research Group (POCOG), hosted a one day workshop for nurses and health professionals currently working in clinical research.
“Bringing together knowledge and practice for Clinical Research Professionals” looked at the what, why and how of quality of life research and explore the challenges in clinical trials practice.
The key speakers were:
- Professor Madeleine King, Cancer Australia Chair in Cancer Quality of Life
- Dr Angie Morrow, staff specialist in paediatric rehabilitation medicine, The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- A/Professor Yun-Hee Jeon, Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Sydney
- A/Professor Jane Young, School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Tim Luckett, Project Manager, The Psycho-oncology Cooperative Research Group (PoCoG) Quality of Life Office
- Dr Kathleen Scott, Senior Lecturer and Course Coordinator, Master of Clinical Trials Practice
- Catherine Johnson, clinical research nurse and clinical nurse specialist, Calvary Mater in Newcastle
- Dr Belinda Brooks, Team Leader of Clinical Trials, Diabetes Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Leonie Weisbrodt, CNC ICU Research, Nepean Hospital
At the end of the workshop the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery launched its new postgraduate Clinical Trials Practice program, introduced in 2010.