Grants and scholarships
Awards are available in three categories:
1. Nurse of the year
- An exceptional contribution by the nominee to improving care/outcomes for patients
- The delivery of a positive outcome in service provision or patient care in the face of adversity or other challenges
- An outstanding act of kindness, understanding, compassion or courage, above and beyond the nominee's role as a nurse.
The Nurse of the Year will receive a $5000 travel voucher and $5000 towards futher education.
2. Innovation in Nursing
- Individual nurses or teams, seeking support in further developing an innovative product, service, or process
The overall winner will receive $10,000 towards further developing their innovative product, service or process.
3. Graduate Nurse of the Year
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of roles and responsibilities through effective and efficient performance.
The Graduate Nurse of the Year will receive a $2500 travel voucher and $2500 towards further education.