Strategic framework for research
The University of Sydney is a research intensive university, positioned equal second in international rankings. Sydney Nursing School's reputation in research is growing significantly and we have attracted some significant funding.
The strategic research plan of Sydney Nursing School highlights the strengths and experience of our academic staff and aims to reflect broader Australian national health priorities.
Cross-disciplinary and collaborative research is encouraged and enriches the experience of both research staff and students of the School. Staff and students are currently involved in a broad range of projects within this strategic framework. We also have a number of academic staff who have research interests in the areas shown in the strategic framework.
- maternal, perinatal and women’s health
- cancer and palliative care
- chronic diseases and co-morbidities
- intensive care, trauma and emergency
- mental health
- patient and health outcomes
- experience of illness and the support of family and carers
- health systems, services and policies
- primary health care
- developments in nursing and midwifery
Postgraduate research students
If you are interested in becoming a research student within Sydney Nursing School please contact Associate Professor Jenny Fraser.