Reward and recognition for professional staff
Sydney Nursing School is excited to introduce a new program to recognise and reward the outstanding achievements of its professional staff. We would like to invite staff, students and members of the public to make nominations in one of the three categories listed below.
Staff, students and members of the public are invited to make nominations in one of the three categories listed:
- Outstanding one-time achievements
- Ongoing or one-time client compliments for service/satisfaction
- Quality improvement of a system or process
NOMINATION GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY
- All professional staff from Sydney Nursing School are eligible to be nominated
- Nominees must be employed for a minimum period of 6 months
- Nominations may be received from staff, students or members of the public
- Nominations must be based on achievements from the current calendar year
- Past award winners are not eligible to be nominated again for a period of 1 year
- Nominations for award category 1 and 2 are for individuals only whereby nominations for category 3 may be for an individual or team
- Nominations are made by completing the nomination form on the website.
- All nominees will receive a certificate of acknowledgement signed by the Dean.
- The award will be announced at the Dean’s professional staff lunch held each semester.
- The winner will be able to select from two prize categories:
- A $500 bonus and a ‘Gold’ day (a day off work to be used within the calendar year); or
- $1000 towards a professional development opportunity such as a course or a conference, approved by the faculty
- All awards will be presented by the Dean during the Semester 2 Professional staff afternoon tea.
Nominations will be considered by a panel made up of three staff including: one academic member of staff from Sydney Nursing School, one professional staff member from another faculty; and one member of a professional services unit from the University.
Nominations must be submitted no later than Thursday 28 November 2013 to be considered by the selection panel which will occur on Friday 29 November. The award for Semester 2 will be made at the Dean’s professional staff afternoon tea on Thursday 12 December 2013.
In making its decision, the selection panel will take into account eligibility criteria, the strength of the nomination and the following:
- The extent to which the nomination is supported by evidence
- The extent to which the achievement, service or system/process enhances the student experience; and
- The extent to which the achievement, service or system/process is exceptional.
Questions can be directed to the Learning and Teaching Operations Manager, Sarah Brown:
T 9351 0552