Reward and recognition for professional staff
Sydney Nursing School’s Reward and Recognition Program is an opportunity to recognize and thank professional staff for their dedication and commitment to the Faculty and highlight outstanding staff achievements. Two rounds are held each year, in June and November.
Nominations are now open for Round Two for 2014 and would like to invite staff, students and members of the public to make nominations in one of three categories listed below, based on staff performance in the first half of this year:
- Outstanding one-time achievements
- Sustained high performance
- Quality improvement of a system or process
- Outstanding one-time achievements (for individuals)
This category aims to recognize a single exceptional contribution by a staff member, over and above the normal expectations of their role. An outstanding one-time achievement is often related to a one-off task or project, and usually results in identifiable benefits, e.g. greater efficiency, improved quality, or cost savings. The staff member has usually demonstrated an exceptional level of innovation, initiative, productivity or effort, a high level of client service or satisfaction, or significant leadership.
- Sustained high performance (for individuals)
This category aims to recognize professional staff who consistently deliver outstanding service and support to academic staff, students and professional staff colleagues, day in and day out as part of their role. This may involve one or more of the following elements: exemplary effort or productivity; delivering work of the highest quality; commitment to process improvement; consistently high level of client service or satisfaction; excellent communication and teamwork.
- Quality improvement of a system or process (for individuals or teams)
This category aims to recognize staff who have identified opportunities for significant work process improvements and contributed to their delivery, resulting in identifiable benefits, e.g. greater efficiency, improved quality, or cost savings.
NOMINATION GUIDELINES AND ELIGIBILITY
- All professional staff from Sydney Nursing School are eligible to be nominated
- Nominees must be employed for a minimum period of six months
- Nominations may be received from staff, students or members of the public
- Nominations must be based on achievements from the preceding six months
- Past award winners are not eligible to be nominated again for a period of one year (two rounds)
- Nominations for award category 1 and 2 are for individuals only. Nominations for category 3 may be for an individual or team
- Nominations are made by completing the nomination form on the website.
- All nominees will receive a certificate of acknowledgement signed by the Dean.
- The winner will be able to select from two prize categories:
- A $500 bonus and a ‘Gold’ day (a day off work to be used within the calendar year); or
- $1000 towards a professional development opportunity such as a course or a conference, approved by the faculty
The award winner will be announced at the Dean’s professional staff lunch held twice a year.
Nominations will be considered by a panel made up of three staff including: one academic member of staff from Sydney Nursing School, one professional staff member from another faculty; and one member of a professional services unit from the University.
Round Two nominations must be submitted no later than Friday 14 November 2014 to be considered by the selection panel. The award for Round Two 2014 will be made at the Dean’s professional staff lunch on Tuesday 25 November 2014.
In making its decision, the selection panel will take into account eligibility criteria, the strength of the nomination and the following:
- The extent to which the nomination is supported by evidence
- The extent to which the achievement, work performence or system/process improvement enhances the student experience; and
- The extent to which the achievement, work performance or system/process improvement is exceptional.
Questions can be directed to the Faculty Manager, Carolyne Carter:
T 9351 0589