Ms Elizabeth Leonard
MN(CritCare) Sydney MN(NP) BN UoN
Lecturer, Coordinator Emergency Nursing
M02A - 88 Mallett Street - Building A
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 0961|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 0615|
Liz Leonard has been working in critical care since 1994. She joined Sydney Nursing School as Lecturer in 2008 and continues to work as the Trauma Coordinator at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and as a nurse in the RPA Emergency Department. She also works part-time as a flight nurse for medical and trauma retrievals.
With experience primarily in emergency and trauma nursing, Liz has worked in coronary care, intensive care and medical and surgical wards. She worked in the Royal Prince Alfred Emergency Department for nine years, six of which were in the capacity of Clinical Nurse Consultant. She then became the Clinical Nurse Consultant in Trauma Services.
Contributing to nursing education is an important aspect of Liz's work. Before she joined the University of Sydney as a lecturer, she maintained a close working relationship with Sydney Nursing School as a tutor and clinical facilitator, providing lectures for undergraduate and postgraduate nursing courses. She has been instrumental in the development and coordination of trauma-related course workshops and programs and is a faculty member in the Australian Trauma Team Training Course, conducted through the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre. Liz is also the Coordinator of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Trauma Team Training Course, and regularly lectures in nursing programs conducted at the College of Nursing.
She is actively involved with the NSW Institute of Trauma and Injury Prevention, as well as an invited member of the NSW Nurses Registration Board Nurse Practitioner Panel.
- Simulation and team dynamics
- Critical care nursing
- Trauma Clinical Information Systems
- Harmful alcohol use in trauma patients
- Trauma assaults
- Road incidents involving cyclists
- Faculty member and Coordinator: Australian Trauma Team Training Course, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Faculty member: Australian Trauma Team Training Course, Sydney Simulation Centre
- Member: NSW Trauma Network Committee
- Representative: NSW Trauma Services Committee
- Member: Institute of Trauma and Injury Education and Research Committee
- Member: Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Trauma Committee
- Member: Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Clinical Nurse Consultant Committee
- Member: NSW Nurse’s Association
- Member: Australasian Trauma Society