Ms Elizabeth Leonard
MN(CritCare) Sydney MN(NP) BN UoN
Lecturer, Coordinator Emergency Nursing
M02A - 88 Mallett Street - Building A
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 0961|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 0615|
I have been working in critical care since 1994. I joined Sydney Nursing School as Lecturer in 2008 and continue to work as the Trauma Coordinator at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and as a nurse in the RPA Emergency Department. I also work part-time as a flight nurse for medical and trauma retrievals.
With experience primarily in emergency and trauma nursing, I have also worked in coronary care, intensive care and medical and surgical wards. I worked in the Royal Prince Alfred Emergency Department for nine years, six of which were in the capacity of Clinical Nurse Consultant. I then became the Clinical Nurse Consultant in Trauma Services.
Contributing to nursing education is an important aspect of my work. Before I joined the University of Sydney as a lecturer, I maintained a close working relationship with Sydney Nursing School as a tutor and clinical facilitator, providing lectures for undergraduate and postgraduate nursing courses. I have been instrumental in the development and coordination of trauma-related course workshops and programs and am a faculty member in the Australian Trauma Team Training Course, conducted through the Sydney Clinical Skills and Simulation Centre. I am also the Coordinator of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Trauma Team Training Course, and regularly lecture in nursing programs conducted at the College of Nursing.
I am actively involved with the NSW Institute of Trauma and Injury Prevention, as well as an invited member of the NSW Nurses Registration Board Nurse Practitioner Panel.
- Simulation and team dynamics
- Critical care nursing
- Trauma Clinical Information Systems
- Harmful alcohol use in trauma patients
- Trauma assaults
- Road incidents involving cyclists
- Faculty member and Coordinator: Australian Trauma Team Training Course, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- Faculty member: Australian Trauma Team Training Course, Sydney Simulation Centre
- Member: NSW Trauma Network Committee
- Representative: NSW Trauma Services Committee
- Member: Institute of Trauma and Injury Education and Research Committee
- Member: Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Trauma Committee
- Member: Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Clinical Nurse Consultant Committee
- Member: NSW Nurse’s Association
- Member: Australasian Trauma Society