Dr Yun-Hee Jeon
RN, PhD MNRes BHSc(Nursing) UoN, MHN
M02A - 88 Mallett Street - Building A
The University of Sydney
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 0674|
|Fax||+61 2 9351 0679|
- Leadership and management in aged care
- Aged care workforce
- Dementia care
- Person centred care
- Older people's mental health
- Family caregiving
- Chronic illness
- Primary health care
Areas of methodological expertise
Health service research
Teaching and supervision
Currently supervise four students: 2 PhD, 1 Master of Philosophy (Nursing), And 1 BN(HON)
- Unit coordinator – Reading Topic (CLIN5021
- Teaching Team – Research in Nursing and Health Care (NURS5069), Research in Nursing (FCHN3013) and Inquiry and Research in Nursing (SNGP3007),Inquiry and Research in Nursing (NURS6008)
- Regular guest lectures – Mental Health Nursing A (NURS5063), Mental Health Options (NURS6025), Foundations of Clinical Trials (NURS5066), Measurement and Analysis in Clinical Trials (NURS5067), BN Health Research (NURS1007)
- 2012–2013 *Assessment of DEpression for QUAlIty CarE Study (ADEQUACIES).
- 2012–14 The Lifestyle Engagement and Activity Program (LEAP) development and pilot.
- 2012–13 Tailored activities to reduce challenging behaviours in persons with dementia living at home(TAP)
- 2012–13 First level construction of the person-centred iHome
- 2013 *Evaluation ofPrimary Health Care Education Resources in Murrumbidgee Local Health District (Primary Health Care: Principles for Practice)
- 2013 *Building an international, interdisciplinary research program for quality indicators in dementia care
- 2011–2012 Carer coaching program for families living with dementia
- 2010–2013 *Optimising the residential and community aged care workforce: the evidence-based development of clinical leadership in middle managers in aged care
Awards and honours
2005 Nurses and Midwives Board of New South Wales, Research and Development Scholarships Category 4, Paper presentation and conference attendance at the 12th Congress of the International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA), Stockholm, Sweden
- 2006 to present: Primary Dementia Collaborative Research Centre Advisory Committee
- 2003 to present: Board/committee member: Research Board/Committee of Australian College of Mental Health Nurses Inc.
- Editorial Board: BMC Health Service Research (Associate Editor)
- International Journal of Nursing Studies
- Journal of Clinical Nursing
- BMC Health Service Research
- Health & Social Care in the Community
2010–2011, "Primary Health Care Education Package Development" (Primary Health Care: Principles for Practice) NSW Health Murrumbidgee Local Health District Project team: Jeon Y-H, McKenzie H, Powell-Davies G, Chiarella M, Conway J, Driscoll P, Grootjans J, Hayes L & Selden S.
2006–2011 “The Serious and Continuing Illness Policy and Practice Study (SCIPPS)” NHMRC
Chief Investigators: Leeder SR (University of Sydney), Gillespie J (University of Sydney), Colagiuri R (University of Sydney), Glasgow N (ANU), Jan S (University of Sydney), Wells R (ANU), Whitworth J (ANU)
Note: as a research program team member leading qualitative research 2006–2009
- Program evaluation of Osteoarthritis Awareness hub; Hunter D, Bennell K, Fransen M, Jeon Y, Jones G, Salkeld G; Australian Research Council (ARC)/Discovery Projects (DP).
- Tailored activities to reduce challenging behaviours in persons with dementia living at home: the TAP trial; Clemson L, Gitlin L, Pizzi L, Mioshi E, Jeon Y; National Health and Medical Research Council/Dementia Research Grants.
- PDCRC-NC3: Assessment of Depression for Quality Care Study (Adequacies); Jeon Y; University of New South Wales/Shared Research Support.
- Examining the utility of the Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) as a vehicle for improving staff skills and knowledge in care planning and management of behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia (BPSD).; Jeon Y; Department of Health and Ageing (Federal)/Targeted Prevention Programs.
- Optimising the residential and community aged care workforce: The evidence-based development of clinical leadership in middle managers in aged care; Jeon Y, Kendig H, Simpson J, Chenoweth L; Australian Research Council (ARC)/Linkage Projects (LP).
- Statistical Consideration of the Client Perception of Value (CPV) Project; Jeon Y; Baptist Community Services – NSW & ACT/Research Grant.
Primary health care; Chronic disease; Dementia; Gerontologic care; Workforce