Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trials Practice
Take your career to the next level: specialise in clinical trials practice at Sydney Nursing School.
This program is designed to equip those working as – or aspiring to work as – a trials coordinator with the skills and knowledge to advance their clinical trials practice. You will develop skills to improve trial data quality, manage information systems effectively and interpret clinical trial data.
This program will develop your project management skills, helping you to effectively plan, manage and conduct clinical trials.
What impact can I have in clinical trials?
As a clinical trials coordinator, you will be working on trials that aim to test new treatments to improve health outcomes for patients. Trials take place in a wide range of clinical contexts, such as improving disease prevention, diagnosis, and the quality of life and psychological wellbeing of patients and their caregivers.
Clinical trials are conducted within an intensely regulated environment to ensure that safe and effective treatments are approved for use. As a trials coordinator, your role is essential in gathering and transmitting accurate data.
Why study at Sydney Nursing School?
- Build the professional practice capabilities needed for leadership.
- Develop your clinical trials knowledge and lresearch skills.
- lEnhance your specialty knowledge, clinical expertise and therapeutic skills, applying what you learn in class to your professional practice immediately.
- Join our global community of influential students, staff and alumni, building your professional network as you study alongside influential academics and peers from the wider health community.
- Choose how tol fit study into your life, with full-time and part-time options, as well as self-paced online study for most components of the program.
How will I learn?
Flexible, self-paced online study, allowing you to fit study around other commitments (at least two units are delivered fully online).
Face-to-face study days. These sessions offer students real-time support from clinical trials experts, providing the opportunity to share experiences in a small class of peers (at least one unit is delivered via online and face-to-face study).
What will I study?
The Graduate Certificate in clinical trials practice comprises four units.
Building on your existing knowledge, you will be introduced to a theoretical framework, helping you to better understand the processes behind your trials practice.
Using case studies, you will focus on trial design and the theory behind protocol development. The program will enhance your knowledge of measurement principles, statistical concepts and analytical approaches, and practical skills in data management.
You will develop your project management skills and investigate strategies for successful study conduct, monitoring and quality assurance, as well as explore the ethical and legal framework governing clinical trials.
Study units include:
- Foundations of clinical trials
- Analysis and measurement in clinical trials
- Clinical trials in practice
- An elective unit, to be agreed with your course coordinator, which broadens
your knowledge base and enhances your practice.
Our Clinical Trials Practice program is offered at graduate certificate level.
- Read detailed unit of study descriptions
- Find out which units you can study at master’s, graduate diploma graduate certificate level, as well as the full-time and part-time options
- Plan your study now! Find out when face-to-face study days are held for each unit of study.