Wingara Mura – Bunga Barrabugu
In June 2012 the University launched Wingara Mura – Bunga Barrabugu, the University’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Integrated Strategy.
‘This strategy will play a central role in the University’s overall objective to create and sustain a university that, for the benefit of Australia and the wider world, maximises the potential of the most promising students, the brightest researchers and the most dedicated staff, whatever their social and cultural background.'
Talent and Organisational Development is committed to the delivery of learning initiatives and capability in support of the goals of the Wingara Mura – Bunga Barrabugu Integrated Strategy. We are committed to leading or collaborating on Wingara Mura related projects that impact across the life cycle of staff. These include:
- Review of the orientation and induction processes for staff.
- Review of the systems and training that support performance management processes.
- Development of initiatives as part of targeted recruitment strategies.
Review of leadership and management development.
- Review of career management opportunities.
- Building knowledge and skills that support the development of cultural competence.