Team Building - An Introduction
This one day course introduces new and potential Team Leaders and Supervisors to various types of leadership styles, motivational strategies and methods to build a harmonious team. It provides the participant with delegation techniques to develop and empower team members. Additionally participants will learn about themselves and have a greater insight into team members by undertaking a personality profile and reviewing ways of communicating to suit individual requirements.
- Qualities of a leader
- Developing leaders
- Management styles
- Building a team
- Techniques of delegation
- Power in the team
- Personality types and teams
At the end of the program participants should be able to:
- Recognise essential qualities of Leaders
- Use a variety of management styles to suit individual requirements
- Motivate a team
- Effectively delegate a task or project
- Recognise power in a team and use it to develop individuals
- Use a variety of communication techniques to meet the needs of different personality types
The course is designed for staff who are new to the role of team leader or for those who hope to move to a team leader position in the near future.
Please note - if you have attended or are attending this year's Certificate IV in Frontline Management please do not enrol in this program as well.
9:00am - 4:30pm
Ground Floor, Bligh Building (L03B)
90 Carillon Avenue, Newtown
Sydney University Village
- New dates to be advised by mid January 2011