Advanced Leadership and Communication Skills
One of the major challenges for senior staff at the University in the 21st Century is to make their voice heard above the cacophony of competing ideas, demands and proposals. As leaders, they need to form the kind of relationships that will inspire others to engage with their vision, and that of the University of Sydney, and work towards common goals.
This advanced, highly participatory two-day workshop for senior staff will build on and progress leadership and communication skills, enabling participants to:
- Create awareness of, and enthusiasm for, their vision and projects in internal and external communities
- Become recognized as an authoritative and inspiring leader
- Motivate their teams to be more innovative and effective
- Avoid and resolve conflict, aligning goals and overcoming differences
- Use strategic dialogue to create trusting and supportive relationships with, and among, colleagues and staff
The Advanced Leadership and Communication Skills workshop is intended for senior members of staff especially those who have already participated in the Executive and Senior Leaders program.
Dr. Bob Murray and Alicia Fortinberry are internationally recognized experts in psychology, leadership development and organizational change. Bob is a clinical psychologist; Alicia is a psychotherapist and health writer. Together they have taught health-care professionals and academic staff at a number of universities in the US including Duke, Tufts and JFK, and in Australia at Sydney's Royal North Shore Hospital. Their programs for the public, psychologists and human resource professionals are sponsored by the University of South Florida, the California Institute for Integral Studies and California State University, Northbridge.
9:00 am - 5:00 pm both days
Conference Room 1 & 2