Leadership & Change
The objectives of the leadership and change program are:
- Keep managers and leaders abreast of the new context of higher education and how it impacts on their roles and responsibilities
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of leadership in a changing external and internal context
- Develop a self-reflective approach to current roles and responsibilities and identify strengths and development needs
- Examine the impact of leadership/management approach on the performance and behaviour of individuals and teams
- Explore approaches to managing staff during structural, technical and cultural change
- Develop and implement personal professional development plans to enhance leadership/management performance and to build on identified strengths
- Examine the importance of relationship building as leaders/managers within a large educational institution
These programs grouped within two streams:
- Executive and senior leaders - target audience is senior academics and HEO 10+.
- Developing leaders - targeted at HEO 7-10 and Academics A and B.