Financial, resource and risk management
Research projects must operate within the funding and resource constraints agreed at start-up. The researcher must therefore carefully manage the resources to ensure they support the full research life cycle. This module explores some useful principles and practices for managing the financial processes, assets and risks attached to research.
The aim of this module is to give you a better understanding of the financial practices of the university and of the complexities in creating project budgets. You will also review some of the common financial pitfalls for researchers.
After completing this module you will have:
- Reviewed key financial processes and systems at The University of Sydney
- Know what things to consider, and how to cost them, when putting together a reseach budget
- Reviewed financial risk management – and in particular understand the University’s internal controls
- Reviewed financial reporting requirements
There will be a 3 hour workshop associated with this module.
- Associate Professor Jamie Triccas, Infectious Diseases and Immunology
- Julie Cairney Associate Professor School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Mechatronic Engineering, Deputy Director, Australian Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis
- Lisette Tennant, Finance Manager - Faculty of Engineering & IT
- Ailin Lee, Financial Services - Sydney Medical School
Darlington Centre - Conference Rooms
9.00am - 12.00 noon
Thursday 10 October 2013
Registration via CareerPath
For more information or to enrol via CareerPath, click here.