Learning and teaching facilities
The building will accommodate 1455 undergraduates and students engaged in higher-degree research, such as honours and postgraduate research students and doctoral candidates. Learning and teaching spaces include:
- Student commons: an open-plan space connected to the main café and building atrium for students;
- Auditorium: A large auditorium with 360 capacity;
- PC1 ‘wet’ teaching lab: a large teaching lab with a 240 capacity;
- ‘Dry’ teaching labs; 5 x 60 capacity ‘dry’ labs, including a combination of computer-only, and computer and microscope facilities with flexible configurations and the ability to remove adjoining walls to allow one bigger space with up to a 120 capacity for either computer-only or computer and microscope facilities;
- PC2 ‘wet’ teaching lab: a small teaching lab for advanced work with a capacity for 12;
- Seminar rooms: 4 x 20 capacity seminar rooms that can be joined to support classes of 40 in a flexible and configurable space.
The building will accommodate 950 researchers from a range of disciplines. Facilities include a combination of wet and dry laboratory spaces, new imaging and flow cytometry facilities, including live cell imaging, clinical research facilities and a 'biobank'.
These facilities will foster multidisciplinary research across biomedical sciences, bioinformatic and computational biology as well as clinical research and behavioural science.