e-Health and m-Health showcase and roundtable
Wednesday 6 November 2013
As part of the Charles Perkins Centre’s role to stimulate and enable interdisciplinary research in health, the centre is convening a showcase and roundtable on e-Health and m-Health innovations across the University.
The showcase and roundtable is intended as a networking and learning opportunity for staff and students with interests in health, medicine and technologies that could be applied to digital and mobile health outcomes.
Health Literary Conference: Crossing Disciplines, Bridging Gaps
Tuesday 26 November 2013
Presented by the Health Literacy Network, Charles Perkins Centre and the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN)
Health Literacy: Crossing Disciplines, Bridging Gaps is the premier conference in Australasia for experts in the field of health literacy. Hosted by the multidisciplinary International Health Literacy Network, the conference brings together international and local researchers, consumers, practitioners and policymakers for a day of presentations, discussion of new and emerging research.
Past events, 2013
- Obesity and the food environment (24 October)
- The dual burden of disease: Issues of sustainability (17 October)
- PhysicaL Activity NETwork (PLANET) Symposium (4 September)
- Inner Space: Visualising the earth, mind and body (15 August)
- Integrated Systems Laboratory seminar and networking event (9 August) – download event program
- Food and nutrition labelling: Can information promote healthier choices among consumers? (3 July) – download event program
- Seeing Science: strategies for developing visualisation skills in the sciences (15 April)
- Sedentary behaviour: the root of the problem or a fashion (2 April)
- Eating a Rainbow: Establishing healthy eating in the early year of life, a roadmap to achieving 25 by 25 (12 March)
- Complexity made visible: a new business model for mining and its effect on the competitiveness of industry and agriculture (7 March)
- A multidisciplinary approach to obesity research (5 March)
- Systems analysis of insulin action (4 March)
- Lipids in the land of plenty: Metabolic studies in obesity and diabetes (4 March)
- Seminar: Community-based participatory research and health (20 February)
- Regional fat contributions to fatty acid storage in humans (5 February)