e-Health and m-Health showcase and roundtable
Wednesday 6 November 2013
As part of the Charles Perkins Centre’s role to stimulate and enable interdisciplinary research in health, the Centre is convening a showcase and roundtable on e-Health and m-Health innovations across the University.
The showcase and roundtable is intended as a networking and learning opportunity for staff and students with interests in health, medicine and technologies that could be applied to digital and mobile health outcomes.
Find out more
Health Literary Conference: Crossing Disciplines, Bridging Gaps
Tuesday 26 November
Presented by the Health Literacy Network, Charles Perkins Centre and the Worldwide Universities Network (WUN)
Health Literacy: Crossing Disciplines, Bridging Gaps is the premier conference in Australasia for experts in the field of health literacy. Hosted by the multidisciplinary International Health Literacy Network, the conference brings together international and local researchers, consumers, practitioners and policymakers for a day of presentations, discussion of new and emerging research.
Find out more
Big beautiful data - visualisation of biomedicine
Tuesday 10 December
As scientists, it is our responsibility not only to present our work clearly, but to connect broadly by sparking imagination and enthusiasm for inquiry and understanding. To do this, science communication must engage both cognitively and emotionally. I try to make people think and feel good by creating visualization tools and information graphics that combine analytical clarity with an artistic dimension. Real science should look just like in movies.
Guest speaker: Martin Krzywinski is the Staff Scientist at Canada's Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre BC Cancer Research Centre, Vancouver, Canada.
Find out more
Integrative Systems Lab end of year workshop and networking event
Monday 16 December
Join us for a series of short talks presented by the Integrative Systems Lab on current research projects within the Charles Perkins Centre’s Complex Systems and Modelling Theme, followed by drinks and nibbles.
3.00pm - Talks commence
5.00pm - Networking and refreshments
New Law Annex
Lecture Theatre 106
For catering purposes, please register by Wednesday 11 December.
Click here to register
- Obesity and the food environment (24 October) Event program
- The dual burden of disease: Issues of sustainability (17 October) Event program
- PhysicaL Activity NETwork (PLANET) (Planet) Symposium (4 September) Event program
- Inner Space: Visualising the earth, mind and body (15 August) Event program
- Integrated Systems Laboratory seminar and networking event (9 August) Event program
- Food and nutrition labelling: Can information promote healthier choices among consumers? (3 July) Event program
- Seeing Science: strategies for developing visualization skills in the sciences (15 April)
- Sedentary behaviour: the root of the problem or a fashion (2 April)
- Eating a Rainbow: Establishing healthy eating in the early year of life, a roadmap to achieving 25 by 25 (12 March)
- Complexity made visible: a new business model for mining and its affect on the competitiveness of industry and agriculture (7 March)
- A multidisciplinary approach to obesity research (5 March)
- Systems analysis of insulin action (4 March)
- Lipids in the land of plenty: Metabolic studies in obesity and diabetes (4 March)
- Seminar: Community-based participatory research and health (20 February)
- Regional fat contributions to fatty acid storage in humans (5 February)