Current research - project nodes
The driver of new research and education opportunity will be through project nodes embedded in domains.
Project nodes are multidisciplinary initiatives established to address identified major gaps in our understanding of cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes and related diseases and their impacts on individuals and communities.
Project nodes will drive:
- New translational research opportunities.
- Generation of new research grant activity through new multidisciplinary, high calibre research grant applications (eg, NHMRC, ARC).
- Generation of opportunities for students, including new Honours and PhD projects that will inspire the next generation of researchers.
- New opportunities for specialised short courses, conferences and workshops linking the Charles Perkins Centre to the community.
- New opportunities for philanthropic activity.