Summer research scholarships
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Engaging young researchers
The Charles Perkins Centre is committed to delivering real world solutions to some of humanity’s greatest health challenges: obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and related conditions. Finding these solutions requires unique collaborations between researchers from a variety of backgrounds and the fresh insights they bring.
The summer scholarships program is open to all University of Sydney undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, from any area of study and with any level of research experience.
Our summer scholarships provide students an exclusive opportunity to join the Centre’s mission and undertake paid research with leading academics in world-class facilities. Successful candidates will develop research skills, gain experience and contribute to finding real world solutions through eight weeks of paid research.
Your research project will contribute to the understanding, management or prevention of the individual and societal impacts of obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and related conditions.
“No matter background or discipline, we’ll find a way of weaving you into the work of the centre.”
– Professor Stephen Simpson, Academic Director
How to Apply
- Download and read a copy of the Guidelines
- Complete an online Application form
- Have an academic referee complete an online Academic Referee form
- Return by a signed Supervisor confirmation form
- Return by a copy of your Academic results
Applications open Monday 5 September 2016
Applications close Friday 14 October 2016
For more information, please contact the Research and Education team on or phone 9351 5526.
An exciting PhD scholarship opportunity is soon to be open for applications.
The Community Pharmacy – Research into Policy PhD Scholarship was created to promote the integrity of the pharmacist as a public health professional. The project will be part of the multidisciplinary program on Research Integrity and Science Policy with a dual focus:
- Describing cultural, social, corporate, political and other influences on the design, conduct and dissemination of research
- Conducting cutting edge methodological research to advance the science of evidence synthesis and use of evidence syntheses for policy decisions.
This highly competitive scholarship will be awarded to a student who will be undertaking full-time postgraduate study by research through the Faculty of Pharmacy based at the Charles Perkins Centre.
More details will be available soon.