All staff, students, affiliates and others are required to complete the necessary WHS related induction and training which are required for granting swipe card access and commencing any work. It is imperative that all members complete the following process.
1. First Week: the following induction and paper work need to be completed in the first week.
- WHS Online Induction via CareerPath for staff or non staff members.
- Faculty Safety Manual contains useful information on the Faculty safety procedures. New starters are required to read through this document and familiarise yourself with the relevant areas.
- Safety Declaration Form needs to be signed.
- New managers and supervisors are also required
a.) enrol in training course Work Health and Safety for Managers and Supervisors
b.) familiarise with WHS Duty of Care Checklist for Managers/Supervisors
c.) complete Faculty of Pharmacy Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist
2. Local WHS induction is provided by supervisors, completion of this local induction is required to obtain the authorisation for accessing to local areas for laboratories (checklist) and office working area (checklist).
Building and laboratory access
1. After new students or visitors complete the Essential Procedures, supervisors need to approve building access, by sending the completed Building Access Authorisation Form to .
2. The supervisor will provide approval for the access to laboratories and other restricted areas after the local WHS induction has completed, by sending the Building Access Authorisation Form to .
Before commencing work
1. Enroll any relevant training courses provided by the University, such as:
b.) Working with Chemicals
c.) Radiation Safety
2. Attend training and induction which are required to obtain authorization to access to following labs and facilities, contact for details.
a.) Solvent Store and Autoclave
b.) Tissue Culture facilities
c.) NMR & LCMS
d.) Instrument room and wash rooms
Before starting new procedures
- All the certificates of completion of trainings and inductions, SWPs and Risk Management forms should be kept locally by individuals and supervisors.
- Supervisors and managers are required to send a copy of completed Safety Declaration and Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist to .