This guideline is used for all new workers, research students/volunteers and affiliates. Completion of necessary WHS related inductions and trainings are required for granting swipe card access and commencing any research work.
- Visit the University WHS website to familiarise yourself with the resources.
- For staff: Complete the WHS Induction via CareerPath using your staff unikey.
For students: Register for a WHS induction course (ensure you enter “Pharmacy” in the Faculty of School name)
- Visit the Faculty WHS website and familiarise yourself with the Faculty Safety Manual.
- Send a scanned copy of the certificate of completion of the WHS online induction and the Safety Declaration to the Faculty WHS officer .
For new managers and supervisors
Familiarise and complete Faculty of Pharmacy Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist, a copy sent to Faculty WHS officer .
Before commencing research work
- Local WHS induction should be provided by supervisors or area supervisors according to the checklist. Completion of this local induction is required to obtain the authorisation to conduct research work in the local areas.
- Workstation self-assessment checklist is used for the office working area.
- Enroll any relevant training courses provided by university WHS unit, such as:
a) WHS training for Managers and Supervisors
c) Working with Chemicals
d) Radiation Safety
- Attend special trainings which are required to obtain authorization to access to some faculty research facilities:
a) Training for access to Solvent Store and operating Autoclave is provided by technical officer in charge
b) Training for working in PC2 and PC1 facilities is provided by Faculty WHS Officer
c) Training for operating NMR is provided by
d) Training for operating LCMS is provided by .
Before starting experiments
All the certificates of completion of trainings and inductions, SWPs and Risk Management forms should be kept locally, a copy of completed Safety Declaration and Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist should send to Faculty WHS Officer .
Contact Faculty WHS Officer for any enquires.