All staff, students, affiliates and others are required to complete the necessary WHS related induction and training which are required for granting swipe card access and commencing any work. It is imperative that all members complete the following process.
a) First Week: the following induction and paper work need to be completed in the first week.
- WHS Online Induction via CareerPath for staff with a unikey or student and others without a unikey.
- Faculty Safety Manual contains useful information on the Faculty safety procedures, new starters are required to read through this document and familiarise yourself with the relevant notes.
- Safety Declaration Form needs to be signed off by the new starters.
- New managers and supervisors are also required to complete Faculty of Pharmacy Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist.
- Record Keeping
- For new students and visitors: all the completion certificates of safety training and induction should be kept by students and supervisors.
- For new staff, managers and supervisors: completed Safety Declaration Form and Duty of Care Checklist should be submitted to Faculty Safety Officer.
b) Faculty Safety Induction, which is run by Faculty Safety Officer, is required for new starters to attend.
c) Local WHS induction is provided by supervisors, completion of this local induction is required to obtain the authorisation for accessing to local areas for laboratories (checklist) and office working area (checklist).
Building and laboratory access
a) New students and visitors will need to send a copy WHS Online Induction Completion Certificate and signed copy of Safety Declaration Form to supervisors; supervisors will approval building access to after receiving those documents, by sending the Building Access Authorisation Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) The supervisors will provide approval for the access to laboratories and other restricted areas after the local WHS induction has completed, by sending the Building Access Authorisation Form to email@example.com, more details are listed in following session Access to Laboratories.
Before commencing work
1. Enroll any relevant training courses provided by the University, such as:
a) WHS training for Managers and Supervisors
c) Working with Chemicals
d) Radiation Safety
2. Attend training and induction which are required to obtain authorization to access to following labs and facilities, contact for details.
- Solvent Store and Autoclave
- Tissue Culture facilities
- Instrument room and wash rooms
Before starting new procedures
- All the certificates of completion of trainings and inductions, SWPs and Risk Management forms should be kept locally by individuals and supervisors.
- Supervisors and managers are required to send a copy of completed Safety Declaration and Duty of Care for Managers and Supervisors Checklist to .