Learning and Teaching Committee
The current committee members are:
Professor Paul Groundwater (Chair, Associate Dean - Learning and Teaching)
Dr Lorraine Smith (BPharm Coordinator)
Dr Fanfan Zhou (Honours Coordinator)
Dr Betty Chaar (MPharm Coordinator)
Dr Erica Sainsbury (ITP Coordinator)
Associate Professor Jane Hanrahan (1st yr Coordinator)
Dr George Li (2nd yr Coordinator)
Dr Claire O'Reilly (3rd yr Coordinator)
Dr Bandana Saini (4th yr Coordinator)
Dr Nial Wheate (eLearning Coordinator)
Lorraine Evison (Faculty Liaison Librarian)
Administrative support - Student Services Officer (Undergraduate)
Terms of Reference
- To develop, oversee and monitor processes for the effective implementation of learning and teaching initiatives, assessment and examination resolutions, policy and procedures and advise the Faculty on ways of improving the quality and effectiveness of such processes within the Faculty.
- To monitor issues relating to quality in relation to coursework courses, learning and teaching, assessment and examination, and to make recommendations to the Dean and Faculty as appropriate.
- To promote and foster initiatives relating to the promotion of enhanced student experience, academic excellence and research-enhanced teaching in accordance with the objectives of the Faculty’s Strategic Plan.
- To advise the Faculty of new technology and other innovations in learning and teaching.
- To promote collaboration/co-operation across the research themes to enhance of quality learning and teaching.
- To facilitate informed discussion in the Faculty on L&T topics in the pursuit of the Faculty's strategic objectives.
- To advise the Dean and the Faculty, develop, oversee and monitor processes for the effective implementation of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework resolutions, policy, procedures and good practice.
- To provide advice to, and obtain information from the research themes on learning and teaching matters relating to coursework students.
- To provide advice to the Dean and the Faculty in relation to the introduction of new UoS and amendments to existing UoS.
- To refer to the Executive, as appropriate, recommendations on learning and teaching and coursework students.
- To develop recommendations to the Dean and Faculty, and regularly review resolutions, policy and procedures supporting the Faculty’s strategic learning and teaching objectives including assessment and examination.
- To consider and report on any matter referred to it by:
- The Dean
- Faculty Executive Committee
- Research Theme Leaders
- To provide regular reports on its activities under its terms of reference to the Dean and the Faculty Executive Committee.