Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management
New in 2017, the Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management is an innovative five year full-time degree that teaches a unique combination of pharmacy skills and business knowledge. You will develop an understanding of sound business practices integrated with sustainable healthcare models. You will also develop the commercial, clinical and communication skills to thrive in a changing and competitive healthcare landscape.
Whether you decide to register as a pharmacist, run your own business, enter the pharmaceutical industry, work for government agencies, or contribute to research and academia, one thing is for sure, you will be in demand.
Why study with us
- Study a unique combination of pharmacy and management subjects to ensure you stand out from your peers.
- Receive blended learning opportunities through a mix of lectures, tutorials, labs, small group work, problem-based learning and clinical placements, which develop valuable practical skills and experience.
- Enjoy access to the newly opened University of Sydney Business School, a state-of-the-art learning environment, as well as Faculty of Pharmacy’s cutting-edge facilities.
- Learn from some of the most highly respected academics in Australia and the world.
- Be exposed to a range of modern clinical settings to gain hands-on experience.
- Learn how drugs are developed and how medications affect the human body.
Who should study this course
Graduates that are looking to begin the registration process to becoming a pharmacist and are passionate about improving people’s lives through healthcare.
There is a wide variety of career choices open to registered pharmacists. Examples include community pharmacy (community practice), hospital pharmacy, research positions within universities or research institutes, or positions in the pharmaceutical industry in drug production, or marketing of drug development.
Professional recognition / accreditation
To become a registered pharmacist, graduates need to complete 1824 hours (one working year) of supervised practical training and the Intern Training Program to register with the Pharmacy Board of Australia.
An Honours program is offered to high-performing students in their fifth year. Honours provides an important basis to branch into a specialised area and will be beneficial for employment opportunities in industry, government, hospital laboratories, research institutions, or considering continuation to postgraduate studies.
Graduates of this course seeking further academic studies in pharmacy are encouraged to consider our postgraduate research courses, including the Master of Philosophy (Pharmacy) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- Five years full-time
- Blended learning opportunities of lectures, tutorials, labs, small group work, problem-based learning and clinical placements.
What do people have to say about the new degree?
“In a changing world, pharmacists now benefit from solid and sound business skills to further exceed in their career ambitions.
The addition of the Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management course is an exciting opportunity for those looking to begin a career in pharmacy and one that will set you up for a variety of career options.
In the pharmaceutical industry, there is a wide range of roles for pharmacists that require strong business understanding and focus to help deliver the best outcome for patients. A deep understanding of business will enhance opportunities in the pharmacy industry enormously.”
Regional Vice President Supply Chain Asia Pacific at Astra Zeneca and Bachelor of Pharmacy alumni