Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice
Across the healthcare system, highly skilled and knowledgeable pharmacy professionals are prized assets. With the Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice being the only tertiary education/university level program of its kind offered in NSW, students who undertake the course will develop a unique set of professional skills that will give them a competitive advantage in the industry. Available through two entry pathways, the two year part-time course is open to pharmacy interns and registered pharmacists, teaching practitioners exceptional clinical skills relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice in Australia.
Why study with us?
- Be part of a course offered at no other academic institution in NSW.
- Develop exceptional clinical skills relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice in Australia.
- Graduate with a competitive advantage in the industry, armed with a unique set of skills and be in high demand.
- Tailor your study schedule around your lifestyle and other commitments with advanced online collaborative learning exercises.
- Gain a deeper understanding of major disease states such as diabetes, mental health cardiovascular and renal diseases.
- Learn from internationally-renowned, award-winning academics, who are some of the most highly respected academics in Australia and the world.
Who should study this course
The Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice is open to pharmacy interns and registered pharmacists that are looking to develop exceptional clinical skills relevant to contemporary pharmacy practice in Australia.
Pharmacists are an important part of the healthcare system. Career options for graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice include community pharmacy (community practice), hospital pharmacy, research positions within academic or research institutions, and positions in government and the pharmaceutical industry in drug production, marketing or drug development.
Professional recognition / accreditation
The Intern Training Program, which comprises two specified units of the Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice, is accredited by the Australian Pharmacy Council and is open to graduates of an approved pharmacy program in Australia or New Zealand who are completing their intern year with the aim of satisfying the requirements for general registration.
Graduates of this course seeking further academic studies in pharmacy are encouraged to consider our postgraduate research courses, including:
- Two years part-time
- Face-to-face and online learning opportunities.