Master of Pharmacy
The Master of Pharmacy offers an entry pathway into the pharmacy profession. This course is an accredited and innovative two year graduate-entry coursework program designed to prepare you for all aspects of the pharmacy profession, including leadership in innovative and evidence-based practice.
Why study with us
- Study a course with a strong practical focus, underpinned by evidence-based practice and research.
- Learn advanced clinical skills, preparing you for all aspects of the pharmacy profession and leadership in healthcare.
- Fast-track your career in the rewarding and challenging pharmacy profession.
- Learn from internationally-renowned, award-winning academics, who are some of the most highly respected academics in Australia and the world.
- Enjoy access to the latest technology, facilities and teaching laboratories.
- Gain hands-on experience in a variety of clinical settings, including hospital and community pharmacy.
- Graduate with the skills to enter a clinical profession that improves the quality of people’s lives.
Who should study this course
Graduates that are looking to begin the registration process to becoming a pharmacist and are passionate about improving people’s lives through healthcare.
Pharmacists are an important part of the healthcare system. Career options for graduates of the Master of Pharmacy include community pharmacy (community practice), hospital pharmacy, research positions within academic or research institutions, and positions in government and the pharmaceutical industry in drug production, marketing or drug development.
Professional recognition / accreditation
The Master of Pharmacy is accredited by the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) and allows graduates to progress towards registration as a pharmacist in Australia. On completion of this degree, and following the compulsory pre-registration training period required for all candidates (including an Intern Training Program), you will be eligible for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia and able to practise as a professional pharmacist.
Graduates of this course seeking further academic studies in pharmacy are encouraged to consider our postgraduate research courses, including:
- Two years full-time
- Blended learning opportunities of lectures, tutorials, labs, small group work, problem-based learning and clinical placements
Master of Pharmacy, graduated 2014
"During my undergraduate study at the University of Sydney, I learned and worked alongside leaders in the pharmacy industry, their knowledge was a major drawcard for my decision to study the Master of Pharmacy at the University as well. To this day, I am still in contact with several faculty members and draw upon their experience and expertise as I navigate through my career as a hospital pharmacist."
Master of Pharmacy, graduated 2013
"The Faculty of Pharmacy has a great sense of community. You are taught by academics with backgrounds from all different fields of pharmacy. The staff were supportive and always available to help. The structure of the course meant that there were lots of opportunities to learn about different career pathways available after graduation through clinical placements and careers events."