Road Traffic Authorities
Fleet Management is responsible for the management and processing of all on-road registration related business for the University of Sydney nationally. If a faculty, department, site or staff member has a registration business requirement, they must contact Fleet Management to obtain a letter of authorisation.
- Motor vehicles registered in NSW have a common expiry date (15th August annually).
- Vehicles are registered as private because the University is a school.
- Vehicles operated on registered farms are registered as primary producer.
- Vehicles registered under the name of the University of Sydney are exempt from Stamp Duty.
- The University has one Client Number per state, and no one other than Fleet Management is permitted to create a new client number.
For further information on driver licence requirements, registrations and forms please refer to the respective Roads and Traffic Office website applicable to your state below.
|Australia's seven state licensing authorities|
|NSW||Roads & Maritime Services|
|QLD||Department of Transport and Main Roads|
|WA||Main Roads WA|
|NT||NT Transport Group|
|ACT||ACT Territory & Municipal Services|