A variety of rewards
We welcome open minds, curiosity, and a readiness to tackle big questions – and we reward it accordingly. Our people are part of an exciting environment where development is encouraged and intellectual pursuits foster a sense of purpose and confidence. As well as being an Employer of Choice for Women, we are committed to diversity and equal opportunity. For information about our equal opportunity at the University, including initiatives and programs, click here.
In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a wide variety of financial and non-financial benefits to our staff. These include:
- working arrangements which assist staff in managing their work and personal/family responsibilities and provide flexibility in meeting business needs.
- family-friendly working hours
- generous leave entitlements. Have a look at the University's Enterprise Agreement 2009-12 for more information.
- a University contribution of up to 17% of base salary to your superannuation (pension) fund
- opportunities for tax-efficient salary packaging, including motor vehicles, laptops and additional personal contributions to your superannuation fund
- a variety of training and development opportunities covering diverse topics such as using IT and finance systems, developing leadership and communications skills and exploring innovative ways of teaching and learning
- exceptional health and wellbeing services, including sports and fitness centres, medical clinics and free counseling via the Employee Assistance Program
- child care centres
- University Parents Network which offers support to parents throughout the University
- on-campus parking and convenient transport services
- contribution to professional membership fees
- an entirely free Staff Benefits Program providing online and retail discounts across an extensive range of goods and services
- access to the cultural life on campus which includes our museums and art galleries; music and theatre at the Conservatorium of Music and Seymour Centre; and Sydney Ideas which is the University’s premier public lecture series program that aims to bring some of Sydney’s, Australia’s and the world’s, leading thinkers to the wider Sydney community.