Co-Director of Laboratory for Sustainable Technology
Associate Professor Andrew Minett received his PhD in Materials Chemistry from the University of Wollongong (UOW), in 2000. After a fellowship at the Max-Planck-Institut fuer Festkoerperforschung in Stuttgart, he joined the Molecular Electronics and Nanotechnology Group at Trinity College Dublin, as a senior research fellow (2002).
In 2005, he was awarded a QEII Research Fellowship to return to Australia, taking up this position at the Intelligent Polymer Research Institute (UOW) and concurrent as a CI in the ARC Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science.
In March 2011, Associate Professor Minett joined the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the University of Sydney where he is co-Director of the Laboratory for Sustainable Technology, actively pursuing answers to big-picture issues through a sustained effort in materials science and device engineering.
- Sherrell, P.C.; Chen, J.; Razal, J.; Nevirkovets, I.P.; Lynam, C.; Wallace, G.G.; Minett, A.I.; Advanced microwave-assisted production of hybrid electrodes for energy applications Energy & Environmental Science 2010, 3, 1979-1984. DOI: 10.1039/c0ee00352b
- Zhang, W.; Sherrell, P.C.; Minett, AI.; Razal, J.M.; Chen, J.; CNT architectures as Catalysts Supports for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells Energy & Environmental Science 2010, 3, 1286-1293. Cover Article and invited review. DOI: 10.1039/c0ee00139b
- Chen, J.; Minett, A.I.; Liu, Y.; Lynam, C.; Sherrell, P.C.; Wang, C. Wallace, G.G.; Highly conducting Large-scale Carbon Nanotube Forests Grown on Conducting Substrates Advanced Materials 2008 , 20, 566-569. Cover Article DOI: 10.1002/adma.200701146
- Gu, G.; Schmid, M.; Chiu, P.W.; Minett, A.I.; Fraysse, J.; Kim, G.T.; Roth, S.; Kozlov, M.; Munoz, E.; Baughman, R.H.; V2O5 nanofibre sheet actuators Nature Materials 2003, 316-319. DOI: 10.1038/nmat880
- Sherrell, P.C.; Zhang, W.; Zhao, J.; Wallace, G.G.; Chen, J.; Minett, A.I. Microwave Decoration of Pt Nanoparticles on 3D Entangled CNT Architectures as a PEM Fuel Cell Cathode ChemSusChem 2012, DOI: 10.1002/cssc.201100667