Delta Electricity Chair in Sustainable Energy Development
B.App.Sc (Hons) PhD
Professor Anthony Vassallo holds the Delta Electricity Chair in Sustainable Energy Development at the University of Sydney, in the School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering.
Tony led the CSIRO Carbon Supercapacitor Project from 1994 till 2001, which led to the formation of cap-XX Pty Ltd, an Australian start-up company that has received over $40 million of investment funding.
Tony's energy storage research has been recognised with the CSIRO Chairman's Medal, for the Low Emissions Vehicle Team (joint) in 2000. He also shared the CSIRO Medal for Research Achievement in 2004, as joint team leader of the High Power Supercapacitor Team.
- US Patents: 7,382,600 (2008), 7,009,833 (2006), 6,920,034 (2005), 6,631,072 (2003), 6,552,895 (2003), 6,275,372 (2001) for Charge Storage Devices.
- Mahon, P.J.; Paul, G.L.; Keshishian, S.M.; Vassallo, A.M. ;Measurement & Modelling of the High-Power Performance of Carbon-Based Supercapacitors. J.Power Sources, 2000, 91, 68-76.
- Vassallo, A.M.; 13C NMR Spectroscopy of Pyridine and Alkylpyridines Sorbed onto Coal. in Techniques for Magnetic Resonance of Carbonaceous Solids. ACS Symposium Series, Edited by Robert E. Botto and Yuzo Sanada, 1998
- Attalla, M.I.; Vassallo, A.M.; Hanna, J.V.; Pang, L.S.K.; Tattam, B.; Preparation of Hydrofullerenes by Hydrogen Radical Induced Hydrogenation. J.Phys. Chem., 1993, 97(24) 6329-6331.
- McKenzie, D.R.; Davis, C.A.; Cockayne, D.J.H.; Muller, D.A.; Vassallo, A.M; The Structure of the C70 Molecule Nature, 1992, 355, 622-624.