BSc (Hons) PhD
Dr Antony Ward received his BSc(Hons)(1993) and PhD(1998) from the University of Sydney. He has held post-doctoral positions at the University of Southampton (with Prof. William Levason and Dr. Gillian Reid) studying the organometallic chemistry of organotellurium ligands and at Dartmouth College (with Prof. Russell Hughes) studying the organometallic chemistry of organofluorine ligands.
Since 2004, he has held the position of Senior Research Fellow in the Laboratory of Advanced Catalysis for Sustainability. During this period, he has also managed the day-to-day running of the laboratory and in 2011 he obtained a Graduate Diploma in Management. His research interests include ionic liquids, materials chemistry, organometallic chemistry and catalysis. He is the author of over 25 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 4 book chapters and 1 patent.
- Yuen, AK.L.; Heinroth, F.; Ward, A.J.; Masters, A.F.; Maschmeyer, T. Novel Bis(imidazolium)alkane Bolaamphiphiles as Templates for Super-microporous and Mesoporous Silicas. Microporous Mesoporous Mater. 2012, 148, 62-72 (doi:10.1016/j.micromeso.2011.06.036).
- Yap, A.J.; Chan, B.; Ward, A.J.; Yuen, AK.L.; Masters, A.F.; Maschmeyer, T. Facile Low Temperature Transfer Hydrogenolysis of Activated Nitriles and Related Functional Groups. ChemCatChem, 2011, 3, 1496-1502 (doi: 10.1002/cctc.201100076).
- Ward, A.J.; Pujari, A.A.; Costanzo, L.; Masters, A.F.; Maschmeyer, T. Ionic Liquid-Templated Preparation of Mesoporous Silica Embedded With Nanocrystalline Sulfated Ziroconia. Catal. Today, 2011, 178, 187-196 (doi: 10.1016/j.cattod.2011.08.003).
- Pujari, A.A.; Chadbourne, J.J.; Ward, A.J.; Costanzo, L.; Masters, A.F.; Maschmeyer, T. The Use of Acidic Task-Specific Ionic Liquids in the Formation of High Surface Area Mesoporous Silica. New J. Chem., 2009, 33, 1997-2000 (doi: 10.1039/B907077J).
- Allen, C.R.; Richard, P.L.; Ward, A.J.; van de Water, L.G.A.; Masters, A.F.; Maschmeyer, T. Facile Synthesis of Ionic Liquids Possessing Chiral Carboxylates. Tetrahedron Lett. 2006, 47, 7367-7370 (doi: 10.160/j.tetlet.2006.08.007).