Lecturer in Architectural Technology
Francesco, M. Building Engineering PoliBA (2001) and PhD Building Engineering PoliBA (2006), spent his first 10 year of academic career at the Polytechnic University of Bari (Italy), where worked, since 2002 as Research Assistant in Building Construction and, since 2007 as lecturer and coordinator the unit of study “Building Components
Design” (M. Architectural Engineering).
In 2011 he joined the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning of the University of Sydney, as lecturer in Architectural Technology, involved in the activities of the Architectural and Design Science discipline. His research interests are in structural and facade engineering, building simulation and sustainable design.
- Cannavale; Fiorito, F.; Manca, M.; Tortorici, G.; Cingolani, R.; Gigli, G. ; Multifunctional bioinspired sol-gel coatings for architectural glasses. Building and Environment 45, 2010, pages: 1233-1243, Elsevier, ISSN 0360-1323, DOI: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2009.11.010.
- Fiorito, F.; Involucro Edilizio e risparmio energetico. Soluzioni progettuali e tecnologie. Dario Flaccovio Editore, Palermo (Italy).2009 ISBN 978-88-7758-863-0. (Research book in italian)
- Fiorito, F.; Innovative technologies for the control of solar radiation in Mediterranean Areas: analysis of solutions for transparent envelopes. Proceeding of International conference “Eurosun 2006”, June 27-30 2006, Glasgow (United Kingdom). ISBN 0-904963-73-1.
- Fiorito, F.; Pastore, P.; Performances of double-skin envelopes in Mediterranean Areas. Proceedings of “Third International Conference on Construction in XXI century - Advancing Engineering, Management and Technology”, September 15-17 2005, Athens (Greece). ISBN 960-254-655-7.
- Iannone, F.; Fiorito, F.; Use of the stairwell as a component of natural ventilation systems in residential buildings. Comparison of technologies for the external envelope. Proceedings of “26th AIVC Conference – Ventilation in relation to the Energy Performance of Buildings”, Brussels (Belgium). 2005 ISBN 2-9600355-8-5