BEc (SocSci) (Hons) LLB (Hons)
Prior to entering academia, Penelope practised as a Solicitor in London and Beijing for a Magic Circle law firm specialising in Global Energy and Infrastructure Law. She has also worked in-house for a super major energy company advising their alternative energy division on issues related to emissions trading, renewable energy, emerging consumer markets and technologies.
Penelope is now researching her PhD on comparative renewable energy law studying the role of regulation in accelerating the deployment of renewable energy in Australia, China and the United Kingdom.
- Penelope J. Crossley; Designing Sustainable Development? The Effectiveness of PV Solar Regulation in Australia and China 15 Asia Pacific Journal of Environmental Law (forthcoming) 2012
- Penelope J. Crossley; Private Nuisance: An Ill Wind for Wind Energy Projects? 2011, 19(2) Torts Law Journal 135-152.
- Penelope J. Crossley; Submission on the Draft Energy White Paper - Strengthening the Foundation for Australia’s Energy Future Department of Energy, Resources and Tourism, Commonwealth of Australia, 2012
- Penelope J. Crossley; Submission on the Draft NSW Planning Guidelines for Wind Farms Policy, Planning Systems and Reform, Department of Planning and Infrastructure, New South Wales, 2012
- Penelope J. Crossley; Submission to the Public Accounts Committee Inquiry into the Economics of Energy Generation NSW Parliament, 2012