Professor of Climate and Environmental Law
BA, LLB, LLM Natal
Rosemary Lyster is the inaugural Professor of Climate and Environmental Law at Sydney Law School, The University of Sydney. She is also the Director of the Australian Centre for Climate and Environmental Law. Rosemary specialises in Energy and Climate Law and has an extensive list of publications in this area.
She has published two books with Cambridge University Press: Rosemary Lyster and Adrian Bradbrook Energy Law and the Environment (Cambridge University Press: 2006) and Adrian J. Bradbrook, Rosemary Lyster, Richard L. Ottinger and Wang Xi (eds) The Law of Energy for Sustainable Development (Cambridge University Press: 2005).
- Lyster, R., Lipman, Z., Franklin, N., Wiffen, G., Pearon, L. Environmental and Planning Law in New South Wales, Federation Press: [[b||2007], (2nd Edition, 2009) (3rd Edition, 2012.
- Lyster, R. (ed), In the Wilds of Climate Law, Australian Academic Press: Australia, 2010.
- Lyster, R. & Bradbrook, A. Energy Law and the Environment, Cambridge University Press: 2006.
- Lyster, R. Australia’s Clean Energy Future Package: Are We There Yet? Environmental and Planning Law Journal, 2011, 28(6), 446-477.
- Lyster, R. Smart Grids: Opportunities for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation, Monash University Law Review, 2010 36(1), 173-191.