The network’s mission is to consolidate knowledge and expertise from multiple academic disciplines to develop integrated models of sustainable work that nurture both health and productivity.
Through the integration of theory and research across the disciplines, the network aims to foster genuinely broad, cross-disciplinary, innovative research that will:
- increase understanding of the links between health and work
- discover ways to improve health and wellbeing through work
- identify ways to improve productivity through health-enhancing work
- help reduce the heavy financial and social costs of work-related ill health by improved prevention and rehabilitation
- assist those vulnerable workers, and those disadvantaged by ill health or disability, to realise their potential to participate in healthy, satisfying and productive employment.