Applications are encouraged from all disciplines, with recipients able to work with one of our 10 whole-of-university multidisciplinary initiatives that are focused on some of the greatest challenges of our time as well as with our leading Faculties and Schools.
10 three-year fellowships will be awarded in the 2018 round.
Applications now open
Fellowship recipients will receive:
- A full salary (Level A8 of the University’s Academic salary scale – currently $96,905 per annum, plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- $25,000 research grant at the commencement of the fellowship
- Minimum cost airfare direct to Sydney, and return to point of departure on expiry of the Fellowship
- Four weeks’ annual leave per year
- Admission to the Sydney Society of Fellows.
- Expressions of interest close: Wednesday 6 September 2017, 5pm AEST
- Final invited applications close: Tuesday 10 October 2017
- Applicants notified: Late October 2017
- Fellowship commencement: January 2018.
- Outstanding track-record of research achievement
- Awarded PhD no earlier than 1 January 2012 and no later than 1 January 2018
- Strong preference will be given to applicants seeking to join the University from another organisation in Australia or from overseas
- Applicants with a PhD awarded by the University of Sydney may apply, provided they have held a paid position at another organisation after the award of their PhD (refer to guidelines).
- Read the University of Sydney Fellowship guidelines.
- Find a University of Sydney academic who is field-appropriate for you and contact them directly to discuss sponsoring you.
- If appropriate, complete a career interruption form and send to Julie Cameron by 29 August.
- After sponsor approval has been obtained in writing, complete an Expression of Interest and submit both to the multidisciplinary initiative Centre Director or Associate Dean Research (or their nominated representative) by 6 September.
- The Centre Director or Associate Dean Research (or their nominated representative) may invite you to make a full application (due 10 October).
- Apply online (link will be sent to shortlisted applicants) by 10 October.
- Send a referee report to email@example.com by 10 October.