Studying Traders' Behaviour through Social Networks
Unfortunately, this opportunity is currently unavailable. Please check back at a later date.
This project involves modeling the traders’ behavior by applying the concepts from social network analysis. Our aim is to develop a social network based model and suggest the application of the model for early detection mechanism for insider trading in financial markets.
We combine social detection theory with social network methods to show the application of this theory and methods for detecting insider trading in financial markets. We are analysing trading behavior data from CMCRC for exploring different types of social networks structures and apply different network measures (i.e., in, out, closeness, betweenness, degree of centralisation) to find patterns of investment behavior of the traders. We try to detect the formation of trader network and identify whether there are evidence of price fixing behavior. Our specific projects in this are are as follows:
- Exploring Market Transparency And Traders' Behavior through Social Networks
- Exploring Trader’s Performance in Financial Market
- Studying Insider Trading and Price Fixing behavior through Social Networks
Want to find out more?
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is: 425
Other opportunities with Professor Liaquat Hossain
- Modeling Coordination through Social Networks
- Modeling Performance through Social Networks
- Social Networks on Preventive Healthcare: New approaches to Early Detection of Chronic Disease
- Early Detection of Insurance Fraud through Social Networks
- PhD project on Exploring Childhood Obesity through Social Networks
- PhD project on Adaptive multi-agency response coordination for managing distributed disease outbreaks
- BISoN: Biologically-Inspired Social Network Framework for Coordinated and Adaptive Emergency Response
- Dynamic Modeling of Bacterial and Organizational Colony Networks for Coordinated Response to Influenza
- Dynamics of Peer Counselling, Mothers and Family Social Networks for infant and young child feeding
- Complex Coordination Dynamics in Disaster Response
- Self-Assembly and Self-Organization in Complex Distributed Systems
- Parallel Stochastic Optimization Algorithms
- MicroRNAs as Regulators of Cellular Programs
- Resilience and distributed systems for a healthy society
- Estimation and Inference in Environment Sensing Networks
- Biological metaphors and resilience
- Complex Networks and Performance
- Modeling biological interactions: from individuals to ecosystems
- Nutrition and the origin of phenotype
- Securing the future of water and soil
- Quantifying the return on investment in the Environment, Public Health and Individual Wellbeing.
- Exploring the link between international trade and the global obesity epidemic
- Sustainable Community Healthcare Networks
- Visualisation of High Dimensional Data.
- Do genes have memory?
- The evolutionary ecology of complex microbial communities
- Complex Brain Networks and Nutrition
- New approaches to Early Detection of Chronic Disease
- Social and Healthcare Network Effects on Delivery and Quality Of Care
- Physical, Mental and Psychological Health through Personal Networks
- Modeling Complex Coordination of Public Health Care