Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
The TESOL research program explores issues relating to language teaching and learning and socio-cultural aspects of language education. It also explores themes relating to language teaching and learning in second and foreign language contexts.
Potential research areas in the area of TESOL include: Language Teaching and Learning, Second Language Acquisition, Intercultural Language Education, Bilingual Education, Language Testing and Assessment, English for Specific Purposes, Academic Writing, Language Teacher Professional Development, Critical Discourse Analysis. Genre Analysis, Vocabulary Learning, and Motivation
- To view current PhD topics being undertaken in the area of TESOL or with the supervisors go to http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/research/centres_and_networks/tesol/students.shtml
- These opportunities are also available for Honours students.
- Scholarships/funding is available, to find out more go to http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/news_events/PG_schols.shtml
- To find out more on eligibility criteria (e.g., Hons 1) or previous experience or skills required go to http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/future_students/postgraduate_research/index.shtml
- To find out more about TESOL activities in the faculty go to http://sydney.edu.au/education_social_work/research/centres_and_networks/tesol/index.shtml
Want to find out more?
TESOL, Language Teaching and Learning, Second Language Acquisition, Intercultural Language Education, Bilingual Education, Language Testing, and English for Specific Purposes, Academic Writing, Critical Discourse Analysis. Genre Analysis, Vocabulary Learning, motivation, Language Teacher, second Professional Development, language reading, language learning strategies, strategic competence, metacognition, English as an additional language; English as a second language; multilingual classrooms; additive bilingualism; challenging academic tasks; task design; assessment; sociocultural perspectives; action research; professional development in schools
The opportunity ID for this research opportunity is: 523