About Associate Professor Masahiro Takatsuka
Associate Professor Takatsuka's research is in the areas of: Information/Scientific Visualisation, especially visual data-mining, Collaborative Visualization, Remote Distributed Rendering, Software Engineering, especially Component-Oriented Programming.
- Self-Organizing Maps and Their Applications
Chapter 2. Springer. Tokyo. 2007.
- Towards a standards-based, message-oriented access-grid
Steve Smith and Masahiro Takatsuka
Journal of Research and Practice in Information Technology. 2007 (to appear).
- Scientific visualization
The Focal Encyclopedia of Photography Fourth Edition. Michael Peres,
Grant Romer, David Malin, Mark Osterman, Nancy Stuart, Scott Williams, Franziska Frey, and Tom Lopez (Editors). Elsevier Inc. 2006 (in print).
- Information Display
Peter Eades, SeokHee Hong, Keith Nesbitt, and Masahiro Takatsuka
Handbook of Nature-Inspired And Innovative Computing: Integrating Classical Models with Emerging Technologies, Albert Y Zomaya (Editor), Chapter 20 pp 633-655. Springer. 2006.
- Spherical self-organizing map using efficient indexed geodesic data structure
Yingxin Wu and Masahiro Takatsuka.
Neural Networks, 19(6-7) pp 900-910. July-August 2006.
- A component-oriented software authoring system for exploratory visualization
Future Generation Computer Systems: Journal of Grid Computing: Theory, Methods and Applications, 21(7) pp 1213-1222. July 2005.
- Low-cost interactive active range finder
Masahiro Takatsuka, Geoff A.W. West, Svetha Venkatesh, and Terry
Machine Vision and Applications, 14(3) pp 139-144. July 2003.
- Introducing GeoVISTA studio: An integrated suite of visualization and computational methods for exploration and knowledge construction in geography
Mark Gahegan, Masahiro Takatsuka, Mike Wheeler, and Frank Hardisty
Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, 26(4) pp 267-292. July 2002.
- GeoVISTA studio: A codeless visual programming environment for geoscientific data analysis and visualization
Masahiro Takatsuka and Mark Gahegan
Computers and Geosciences, 28(10) pp 1131-1144. December 2002.
- An application of “agent-oriented” techniques to symbolic matching and object recognition
M. Takatsuka, T. M. Caelli, G. A. West, and S. Venkatesh
Pattern Recognition Letters, 23 pp 419-429. 2002.