About Professor David Feng
Many of Professor Feng's research results have been translated into solutions to real-life problems and have made tremendous improvements to the quality of life for those involved worldwide.
Professor Feng researches in the area of Biomedical and Multimedia Information Technology (BMIT).
(David) Dagan Feng received his ME in Electrical Engineering & Computing Science (EECS) from Shanghai JiaoTong University in 1982, MSc in Biocybernetics and Ph.D in Computer Science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1985 and 1988 respectively. After briefly working as Assistant Professor at the University of California, Riverside, he joined the University of Sydney at the end of 1988, as Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor and Head of Department of Computer Science, School of Information Technologies. He is also Honorary Research Consultant, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, the largest hospital in Australia; Chair-Professor of Information Technology, Hong Kong Polytechnic University; Advisory Professor, Shanghai JiaoTong University; Guest Professor, Northwestern Polytechnic University, Northeastern University and Tsinghua University.He has published over 300 scholarly research papers, pioneered several new research directions, made a number of landmark contributions in his field with significant scientific impact and social benefit, and received the Crump Prize for Excellence in Medical Engineering from USA.He is a Fellow of ACS, ATSE, HKIE, IEE, and IEEE. Special Area Editor of IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, and is the current Chairman of IFAC-TC-BIOMED.
- D. Feng, W.C. Siu & H.J. Zhang, Editors: "Multimedia Information Retrieval and Management - Technological Fundamentals and Applications", (476 pages) Springer-Verlag, Germany, January 2003.
- D. Feng, W. Cai and R. Fulton, "Dynamic Image Data Compression in Spatial and Temporal Domains: Clinical Issues and Assessment", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine. Vol. 6, No. 4, pp262-268, 2002.
- D. Feng, "Content-Based Retrieval of Multimedia Information", International Journal of Image and Graphics, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp83-91, Jan 2001.
- D. Feng, 'Multimedia Information Technology in Biomedicine', Guest Editor, IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 4, No. 2, 2000
- D. Feng, "Information Technology Applications In Biomedical Functional Imaging", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 221-230, 1999.
- C. H. Lau, D. Feng, B. Hutton, D. Lun & W. C. Siu, "Dynamic Imaging and Tracer Kinetic Modelling for Emission Tomography Using Rotating Detectors", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 986-994, Dec 1998.
- D. Feng, X. Li & W. C. Siu, "Optimal Sampling Schedule Design for Positron Emission Tomography Data Acquisition", (Invited paper), Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 1759-1766, 1997.
- D. Feng, K.P Wong, C.M. Wu & W.C. Siu, "A Technique for Extracting Physiological Parameters and the Required Input Function Simultaneously from PET Image Measurements: Theory and Simulation Study", IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 243-254, Dec. 1997.
- D. Feng, X. Li & S. C. Huang, "A New Double Modeling Approach for Dynamic Cardiac PET Studies Using Noise and Spillover Contaminated LV Measurements", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp. 319-27, 1996.
- D. Feng, S. C. Huang, Z. Wang & D. Ho, "An Unbiased Parametric Imaging Algorithm for Non-uniformly Sampled Biomedical System Parameter Estimation", IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 512-18, 1996.