About Associate Professor Saul Fridman
Saul's research interests include Contracts; Corporate Law; Duties; Doping; and Sports Law.
After completing his graduate work, Saul served as an Associate to the Chief Justice of the Ontario High Court before joining a large Toronto Law firm. He worked for several years as a corporate lawyer and then as a barrister before leaving Canada to take a position at the Australian National University.
Saul joined Sydney Law School at the start of 1998 after spending 7 years at ANU. He teaches and researches in the area of corporate law. He has also been working in the area of sports law for the last few years.
Saul is one of the authors of Afterman & Baxt's Cases and Materials on Corporations and Associations.
- Fridman, S, Baxt, R & Fletcher, K, Afterman and Baxt’s Cases and Materials on Corporations and Associations, Butterworths: Sydney (9th ed, 2003); (7th ed, 1997); (8th ed, 1999).
- Fridman, S & Buti, A, Drugs, Sport and the Law, Scribblers Publishing: Mudgeeraba (2001).
- Fridman, S, “Sport” in Halsbury’s Laws of Australia, Volume 11, LexisNexis Butterworths: Sydney (2003), 332,001-332,616 (looseleaf).
- Fridman, S, “Companies” in R Vermeesch & K Lindgren (eds), Business Laws of Australia, Butterworths: Sydney (9th ed, 1997).
- Fridman, S, ‘The renegotiation of athletes' contracts’ (2004) 18(1) Commercial Law Quarterly 19-29.
- Fridman, S, ‘Voluntary Administration: Use and Abuse’ (2003) 15(2) Bond Law Review 318-343.
- Fridman, S, ‘Sport and the Law: The South Sydney appeal’ (2002) 24(4) The Sydney Law Review 558-568.
- Fridman, S, ‘Review - "International Sports Law and Business"’ (2000) 5 International Trade and Business Law Annual 132-140.
- Fridman, S, ‘Review - "Equity, Fiduciaries and Trusts"’ (2000) 5 International Trade and Business Law Annual 140-142.
- Fridman, S, ‘Conflict of interest, accountability and corporate governance: The case of the IOC and SOCOG’ (1999) 22(3) University of NSW Law Journal 781-798.
- Fridman, S & Buti, T, ‘Drug testing in Sport: Legal challenges and issues’ (1999) 20(2) The University of Queensland Law Journal 153-186.
- Fridman, S, ‘Gambotto Rises Again: the NRMA Case, Advisors' Liability and the Future of Corporate Reorganisations’ (1999) 11 Butterworths Corporation Law Bulletin 11-14.
- Fridman, S, ‘Gambotto Returns: The NRMA Case examined’ (1998) Butterworths Corporate Law Bulletin 11-14.
- Fridman, S, ‘An Analysis of the Proper Purpose Rule’ (1998) Bond Law Review 164-184.
- Fridman, S, ‘The Corporate Games: The IOC Corporate Personality and Corporate’, presented at Corporate Law Teacher's Association Annual Conference, 2001.
- Fridman, S, ‘The Continuing War against Doping: The legal perspective’, presented at Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association, Perth 2001.
- Fridman, S, ‘Derivatives in the market for Energy Sector Acquisitions’, presented at ICM, London 1999.
- Fridman, S, ‘The Common Law of Corporations’, presented at Instituit di Droit Publique, Paris 1999.
- Fridman, S, ‘Common Law Method’, presented at Universite de Paris 1, Paris 1999.
- Fridman, S, ‘Corporate Law and Corporate Finance’, presented at UNDP Judicial Training for Judges from Republic of Vietnam, Vietnam 1999.