About Dr Shae McCrystal
Dr McCrystal is a full-time academic and researches in the field of labour law with a particular interest in the right to strike and collective bargaining.
I have been a full time member of the academic staff at Sydney Law School since 2007; before that I was in the ANU College of Law at ANU. My research interests lie in the field of labour law, with a particular interest in collective bargaining and the right to strike.
For a complete profile, please see here.
- S McCrystal, The Right to Strike in Australia, The Federation Press, Sydney, 2010.
- J Fudge, S McCrystal and K Sankaran (eds), Challenging the Legal Boundaries of Work Regulation, Hart Publishing, Oxford, 2012, in press, accepted 13/6/2011.
- S McCrystal, ‘The Relationship between Protected Industrial Action, Recognition and Bargaining in Good Faith under the Fair Work Act 2009’ in (eds) B Creighton and A Forsyth, Rediscovering Collective Bargaining: Australia’s Fair Work Act in International Perspective, Routledge, New York, 2012, in press, accepted 11/4/2011.
- S McCrystal, ‘A New Consensus: The Coalition, The ALP and the Regulation of Industrial Action’, in (eds) A Forsyth and A Stewart, Fair Work: The New Workplace Laws and the Work Choices Legacy, Federation Press, Sydney, 2009, pp 141-163.
- S McCrystal, ‘Regulating Collective Rights in Bargaining: Employees, Self Employed Persons and Small Businesses’ in (eds) C Arup, P Gahan, J Howe, R Johnstone, R Mitchell and A O'Donnell, Labour Law and Labour Market Regulation, Federation Press, Sydney, 2006, 597.
- S McCrystal, ‘The Fair Work Act and the Right to Strike’ (2009-2010) 23 Australian Journal of Labour Law 3.
- S McCrystal, ‘Is There A “Public Benefit” In Improving Working Conditions For Independent Contractors? Collective Bargaining and The Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth)’ (2009) 37(2) Federal Law Review 263.
- S McCrystal, ‘Collective Bargaining by Independent Contractors: Challenges from Labour Law’ (2007) 20 Australian Journal of Labour Law 1.
- S McCrystal, ‘Smothering the Right to Strike’ (2006) 19 Australian Journal of Labour Law 198.
- S McCrystal, ‘Shifting the Balance of Power in Collective Bargaining: Australian Law, Industrial Action and Work Choices’ (2006) 16 Economic and Labour Relations Review 193