About Professor Branka Vucetic
Branka’s work aims to design wireless communication devices with high coverage and data rates. Branka Vucetic is an internationally recognized expert in coding theory and its applications in wireless engineering. She is currently a Professor in Telecommunications and the Director of the Telecommunications Laboratory at Sydney University. Her research interests include wireless communications, digital communication theory, error control coding and multi-user detection. Prof Vucetic published four books and more than two hundred papers in telecommunications journals and conference proceedings. She is an IEEE Fellow and a former Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Communications. In the last several years she has managed several projects related to wireless communications networks development, addressing the issues like interference cancellation, multiple antenna signal processing and coding as well as multiple access technologies. The main currently active projects are Interference Cancellation in Co-Working Wireless Local Area Networks, Network Coding and Wireless Sensor Networks for Environment and Energy Monitoring.
- B Vucetic, Y Li, LC Perez and F Jiang, "Recent advances in turbo code design and theory", Invited paper, Proceedings of IEEE, Special issue on turbo techniques: algorithms and applications, vol 95, no 6, June 2007, pp 1323-1344.
- Y Li, B Vucetic, Tan F Wong and M Dohler, "Distributed turbo coding with soft information relaying in multi-hop relay networks", IEEE Journal. Selected Area Commun. Special issue on Multi-Hop Wireless Mesh Netowrks, vol 24, no 11, November 2006, pp 2040-2050.
- Z Zhou, B Vucetic, Mischa Dohler and Y Li, "MIMO systems with adaptive modulation", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, September 2005, pp 1828-1842.
- Y Hong, J Yuan, Z Chen and B Vucetic, "Space-time turbo trellis code for two, three and four transmit antennas", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol 53, no 2, pp 318-328, March 2004.
- B Vucetic and Y Yuan, "Space-time coding", John Wiley, 2003.
- J Yuan, Z Chen, B Vucetic and W Firmanto, "Performance analysis and design of space-time coding on fading channels", IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol 51, no 12, December 2003, pp 1991-1996.
- J Yuan, B Vucetic and W Feng, "Parallel and serially concatenated codes on fading channels", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol 50, pp 1600-1608, 2002.
- W Feng, J Yuan and B Vucetic, "A code matched interleaver design for turbo codes", Trans. Commun., vol 50, pp 926-937, 2002.
- V Ponnampalam and B Vucetic, "Soft decision decoding of Reed-Solomon codes", IEEE Trans. Commun., vol 50, pp 1758-1768, 2002.
- S Marinkovic, B Vucetic and A Ushirokawa, "Space-time iterative and multistage receivers structures for CDMA modile communication systems", IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Commun., vol 19, no 8, August 2001, pp 1594-1604.