We are among the world's top research universities. The research we do here makes a real difference to our understanding of today's world and how we work and live in it.
Spotlight: War and Conflict
Dr Brian O’Toole’s research on the physical and mental health of Australian Vietnam War veterans has revealed that Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) still prevails more than 30 years after military service.
Ben Goldsmith’s Atrocity Forecasting Project has developed a tool for predicting and hopefully preventing mass atrocities around the world.
Michael Humphrey’s research into urban renewal in recently instated Latin American democracies has uncovered increased criminal violence and fragmentation
Read more about the research we are doing in other Spotlight stories.
Research in the Faculties
- Agriculture and Environment
- Architecture, Design and Planning
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Education and Social Work
- Engineering and Information Technologies
- Health Sciences
- Law (Sydney Law School)
- Medicine (Sydney Medical School)
- Music (Sydney Conservatorium of Music)
- Nursing (Sydney Nursing School)
- Veterinary Science
- Visual Arts (Sydney College of the Arts)