- Events will restart in March 2015. Our regular seminars' program runs weekly most Mondays and Wednesdays in semester.
In the last two years we have hosted and presented at a number of events. Here are some of the highlights.
- November 6th 2014 - our annual Research Fest included workshops, posters and plenaries by Professor Pip Pattison and Professor Simon Buckingham-Shum. Keynote slides and some of the posters displayed are available online at http://bit.ly/STLFest14files.
- October 7th 2014 - Bonnie Nardi - Heteromation: Dividing Labor between People and Machines. More information and registration
- 30 April 2014 - Associate Professor Richard Walker Learning through after school activities and homework
- Nov 7, 2013 - The STL Research Fest
Research Fest is our annual event inviting the community of researchers and practitioners in the sciences and technologies of learning to come together to exchange ideas, showcase work, form new collaborations, and catch up on recent innovations in learning and knowledge technology research.
- Aug 13, 2013 - Exploiting data to improve professional practice
There is a growing abundance of data available on performance in the workplace. Utilising such data to guide the professional development of individuals is one way of improving professional practices. A collaborative event to help shape an R&D program and build new research partnerships took place at the University on August 13.
- July 8, 2013 - July Education Symposium on MOOCs
A symposium on MOOCS and the student experience of blended learning.
- June 26 seminar - Publishing your research with Springer.
Springer Science+Business Media editors Nick Melchior and Bernadette Ohmer discuss the best ways of getting research from ideas into print.
- June 15-19, 2013 - CSCL at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
Several of our researchers presented at this year's international Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, CSCL.
- On April 10th Professor Sten Ludvigsen presented Learning with, and coordination between, representations in science and mathematics: “What should I do next?” (recording available online).
- On April 2 2013, STL co-sponsored the Human Centred Technology (HCT) workshop "Harnessing Unobtrusive Sensing to Understand Human Behaviour for Lifelong Goals".
- October 11 2012 - Lina Markauskaite and Peter Goodyear present an ascilite webinar on ICT-enhanced social and educational research methods.
- September 27 2012 - Peter Goodyear presents a keynote on Connected Learning at the highspeed broadband and higher education forum at the University of Melbourne.
- September 6 2012 - Computer-Human Adapted Interaction group, CHAI, demonstrate their Multi-touch Classroom 2.0.
- September 5 2012 - Peter Goodyear presents at RMIT on learning in a networked world
- July 27 2012 - Peter Goodyear presented on designing for learning at the ERIN lecture series
- July 2-6 2012 - International Conference of the Learning Sciences - In July 2012 we hosted ICLS2012 in Sydney. Judy Kay presented one of the keynote addresses.
We host a number of events to support the dissemination of work in learning technology and the learning sciences. Stay in touch with upcoming events by subscribing to our blog.