Our Foundations were established by the Senate to ‘bridge the gap’ between the University, industry and professions to achieve world-class results in a wide variety of fields.
Foundations work in close association with faculties to provide support for teaching and research. Sometimes, they are specifically aligned with departments or research centres.
The support of foundations has become a crucial element in fostering new initiatives at the University and this assistance will continue to be important in a time of decreasing government funding for the university sector.
For information about the governance of foundations, please refer to the Office of General Counsel.
Current foundations include:
- Accounting Foundation
- Australian Lebanese Foundation
- Celtic Studies Foundation
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Foundation
- Civil Engineering Foundation
- Dairy Research Foundation
- Electrical and Information Engineering Foundation
- Hoc Mai, the Australia Vietnam Medical Foundation
- Inorganic Chemistry Foundation
- Sydney Medical School Foundation
- Melanoma Foundation
- Microresearch Foundation of Australia*
- Near Eastern Archaeology Foundation
- Nepean Medical Research Foundation
- Nerve Research Foundation
- Nutrition Research Foundation (SUNRF)
- Faculty of Pharmacy Foundation
- Poultry Research Foundation
- Power Institute Foundation for Arts and Visual Culture
- The University of Sydney Physics Foundation
- Sydney Burns Foundation *
- Sydney Law School Foundation
- Sydney Peace Foundation
- University of Sydney Sports Foundation
- Veterinary Science Foundation
* These Foundations are Divisions of The Medical Foundation.