How to apply for animal ethics approval
1. Research alternatives
2. Complete the application form and attachments
3. Get your application pre-reviewed - optional
- A review service is offered to everyone but especially to assist new researchers and those with complex applications.
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure questions are answered appropriately and all attachments are complete and correct.
- Although prior review may facilitate first-time approval, it does not guarantee it.
- It is not compulsory to forward your draft application if you do not need this review service.
- If you wish to have your application reviewed, check the deadline dates for draft review.
4. Submit your application
5. What happens next
- Your application will be forwarded to an AEC member for a detailed review. This nominated spokesperson may contact the chief investigator seeking additional information/clarifications.
- Application is discussed at the AEC meeting
- Decisions of the AEC will be communicated within 10 working days.
- You may be asked for additional information or to make changes to your application.