Forms and templates
Animal ethics is now online.
Login to IRMA to submit animal ethics applications, modifications and reports. For more information, see the 'How to apply' tab.
External investigator approval form
- External investigators are also required to provide approval for a project they are named on. This can be done by completing the form above and uploading the form via the Documents tab of you project application prior to submission.
Consent form template (Word doc)
- Pet owners are required to sign a consent when enrolling their animal into a research project.
- This form can also be modified to provide permission to perform a study on a specific site eg. a farm
Information statement (Word doc)
- Pet owners or owners of a site where research is being conducted eg, a farm, should be supplied with an information statement outlining the details regarding the research project.
AEC Phenotype Report (Pdf)
- The main purpose of this report is to assist the AEC in the assessment of the impact of the genetic manipulation on the health and welfare of the affected animals.
- The form is based on the NHMRC Guidelines for the generation, breeding, care and use of genetically modified and cloned animals for scientific purposes (2007)
Breeding form template
Breeding form calculator (Excel)
- For breeding applications, use this form for your animal figures and attach as a document after completing your application form in IRMA.
- Please also refer to the Breeding Production Records and SOP LAS Mouse Breeding Principles information.
- Use these forms when monitoring any animal that has been subjected to any sort of invasive procedure
- More about monitoring animals.
A set of model record sheets for the monitoring of mice during the establishment of a new genetically modified strain - Guidelines for the generation, breeding, care and use of genetically modified and cloned animals for scientific purposes (2007)
- Model Record Sheet 1:Neonatal Assessment (Day 1-Day 9) (PDF)
- Model Record Sheet 2:Post-weaning to adult assessment (Day 10-Week 52) (PDF)
- Model Record Sheet 3:Breeding performance (PDF)
- Model Record Sheet 4:Example record sheet for scheduled monitoring and assessment of a new genetically modified strain (PDF)