Submission deadlines - new applications
Deadline for submission of new ethics approval applications is 4pm on the dates listed below. Applications are appraised at AEC meetings and a decision or request for further information is normally sent out within 10 working days.
Depending upon the AEC's determination your application may be:
- A: Approved
- A (conditional administrative): Approved, subject to minor administrative conditions.
- A (chair): Approved, in principle, pending further information to be reviewed and approved by the AEC Chair.
- B: Approval deferred - further information requested, to be reviewed by the AEC Executive.
- C: Approval of the project has not been given due to significant ethical issues, missing information or request for major alterations to aspects of the project. A revised application must be re-submitted to the AEC for a full review.
- D: The AEC found major ethical and/or scientific issues with the work. A complete revision of the project is required and a new application resubmitted. A meeting of the applicant with the AEC Chair and/or the Animal Welfare Manager is required before resubmitting the application.
What you need to provide:
- A signed and scanned PDF copy of your application - submitted via email to
- 1 hard copy of the application form which is unstapled and originally signed
- 13 double-sided stapled printed copies
Animal ethics deadlines
Pre-Review Deadline for AEC Main Meeting
Submission Deadline for AEC Main Meeting
AEC Main Meeting Date
|Friday, 10 May 2013||Friday, 17 May 2013||Thursday, 30 May 2013|
|Wednesday, 5 June 2013||Wednesday, 12 June 2013||Thursday, 27 June 2013|
|Wednesday, 3 July 2013||Wednesday, 10 July 2013||Thursday, 25 July 2013|
|Wednesday, 31 July 2013||Wednesday, 7 August 2013||Thursday, 22 August 2013|
|Wednesday, 28 August 2013||Wednesday, 4 September 2013||Thursday, 19 September 2013|
|Wednesday, 25 September 2013||Wednesday, 2 October 2013||Thursday, 17 October 2013|
|Wednesday, 23 October 2013||Wednesday, 30 October 2013||Thursday, 14 November 2013|
|Wednesday, 20 November 2013||Wednesday, 27 November 2013||Thursday, 12 December 2013
(Please note that due to the Christmas close down on 19 December 2013, some submissions may not receive a response until January 2014)
Submission Deadlines - Modifications, Annual and Final Reports
Submission of modifications, Annual and Final reports is to the Animal Ethics Executive Committee (AEEC).
What you need to provide:
- A signed and scanned PDF copy of your modification / annual report / final report - submitted via email to
- 1 hard copy of the modification / annual report / final report and originally signed.