How to apply for human ethics approval
- Review the questions (PDF) that will be on the application and prepare your answers.
- Review the Guidelines for help with specific topics
- You will need a Unikey and access to IRMA.
If you don't have a Unikey, request one online. To request access to IRMA, complete this online form.
- Prepare your supporting documentation.
2. Complete the application online
- If this is the first time you have submitted online you may wish to view the IRMA how-to videos.
- Log in to IRMA to create a new application form.
- Submit your application for authorisation.
3. Approval (sign off)
After you submit your application it is approved by the relevant signatories in your area. You need to allow enough time before the submission deadline for sign off. Find out more about approvals and how they work.