Guidelines: Schools

When conducting research in schools, you must supply the following documentation:

Public schools in NSW

Please refer to the Department of Education and Training Guidelines for Approving Applications from External Agencies to Conduct Research in NSW Government Schools (PDF)

For research in public schools outside of NSW, the Committee requires evidence that approvals have been obtained as required by the Department of Education or equivalent in the state where the research is to be conducted.

Private / independent schools

  • Approval from the school principal/s.

Catholic schools

In all instances of research undertaken at schools, the final decision to participate in the study is up to the discretion of the school principal.

All copies of approval from governing bodies and school principals must be submitted to Research Integrity prior to the recruitment of participants.