Legislation, codes and policy relevant to human ethics
On this page:
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
Child protection legislation and criminal records check
If the participants include children (defined by statute for this purpose as anyone under 18) the relevant child protection forms must be lodged.
- Mandatory reporting of child abuse
- New South Wales Commission for Children and Young People
- Working with children declaration forms
Students or volunteers requiring lodgement of the form for research purposes should lodge the form with their relevant school or Faculty.
Staff members should lodge forms with:
HR Service Centre
Level 2 (K06)
1-3 Ross Street Glebe
Students enrolled in award courses who undertake placements in schools or hospitals should lodge forms with:
The Student Centre
The Jane Foss Russell Building - G02
- Privacy Act 1988
- Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002
- Privacy and Personal Informaton Protection Act 1998
- Workplace Surveillance Act 2005 (Word doc)
State and Federal laws concerning the taping of telephone conversations
If researchers plan on recording telephone interviews, they should refer to the State and Federal Laws concerning the taping of telephone conversations.