Laboratory Animal Services
Laboratory Animal Services is a central service unit of the University located within the Research Portfolio.
Our primary roles are to provide day to day care for animals used in research, to maintain animal research facilities and to help ensure regulatory compliance in relation to animal supply.
LAS also contributes to training in areas relevant to animal research and related ethical issues.
Inquiries are welcome and should be submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operations Officer of Lab Animal Services
P: +61 2 9351 4742
Operations Manager, Laboratory Animal Services
P: +61 2 9351 3603
Obtaining LAS sign off (in IRMA)
- Once an investigator has submitted an application or modification form in IRMA an email will be sent to the Facility Supervisor whose details have been provided by the investigator when completing the form. Please refer to the step-by-step guide to approvals for animal house supervisors.
- This will request that the Facility Supervisor logs onto IRMA and provides electronic sign off/approval via the “My Approvals” tab.
- This sign off acknowledges that:
- The facility/facilities named on this protocol will house the animals outlined in the protocol, based on space being available at the time of commencement of the protocol.
- As the Animal House Supervisor, I will ensure that all people involved in the care of animals at the facility understand and accept their role and responsibilities in accordance with the Australian Code for the care and use of animals for scientific purposes 8th Edition (NHMRC 2013).
- The application will only be assigned for AEC review once the Chief Investigator, Head of Department/School and LAS Supervisor have all completed their on line sign off in IRMA. Once this has occurred the application will be assigned to an AEC member for review and comment prior to consideration at the AEC meeting.
- Reminder e-mails will be sent to any outstanding signatories.