Each creative work submitted as research must:
- meet the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) definition of research:
"creation of new knowledge and/or the use of existing knowledge in a new and creative way so as to generate new concepts, methodologies and understandings. This could include synthesis and analysis of previous research to the extent that it is new and creative" ERA 2012 Submission Guidelines, 3.1 Definition of research.
- be substantiated by documentary evidence
- have a research contribution or statement (if major category) in IRMA
- have faculty research committee/sub-committee approval
- have a signed proforma/letter of affiliation (casual staff and students)